Board Gender Diversity*2
Achieving gender parity among the members of the Board of Directors and Audit & Supervisory Board of Recruit Holdings by FY2030.*2
Diversity in the boardroom is critical to ensure higher quality decision-making, greater transparency and soundness in a company's governance structure. To this end, Recruit Holdings continues to enhance its board's diversity in skills, experience, and background, and in order to accelerate these efforts, we set a specific goal to achieve greater gender diversity in the boardroom.
Progress in FY2022
Women's Representation Among the Member of the Board to Increase from 27% to 33%*2, 3
Our proposal to appoint Katrina Lake as a new member of the Board of Directors was approved at the Annual General Meeting held in June 2023. As a result, the percentage of women in the Board of Directors members increased from approximately 27% to approximately 33%.*2, 3 This appointment not only broadened the diversity of the Board of Directors from a gender perspective, but also in terms of nationality, age, skills and experience.
The Skills Matrix of Board of Directors*4
Candidates for the Board of Directors members are selected based on consideration of the best structure for the mid- to long-term governance policy and the timing of planned CEO successions. The Skills Matrix is referenced to identify the skills, experience and other qualifications necessary to create the optimal composition of members and enhance the effectiveness of the Board of Directors.
Directors of the Board and Audit & Supervisory Board members*4
Strengthen the Link between ESG Goals and Executive Compensation
The Board of Directors has decided to link the achievement of our three-year GHG emission reduction and women's representation targets*5 to a portion of the long-term incentive compensation*6 for executive directors and senior vice presidents who are in charge of driving and realizing these targets, starting from FY2022.
- On this webpage, the number of years stated are reflective of the number of Recruit Holdings fiscal years, which begin on April 1 each year and end March 31 of the following year. All figures displayed here are approximate.
- The Board of Directors members are defined as directors and Audit and Supervisory Board members.
- The ratio of women among the Board of Directors members was approximately 27% as of May 16, 2022.
- The information is based on the Board of Directors membership as of July 2023.
- The women representation target for members of the Board is based on the results from July 1, 2022 to July 1, 2025.
- Compensation based on ESG target achievements is set as a part of board incentive plan ("BIP") trust (stock) compensation. Eligibility to receive this compensation and the payout amount will depend on whether or not the three-year target is achieved.