We are focused on making a positive impact on society and our shared planet through all our corporate activities so that everyone may prosper together.
We aim to create a world where people are driven by their passion. The growth and future of our business will be powered by people, technology, and an investment in the longevity of our society and the environment.
Hisayuki “Deko” Idekoba President, CEO and Representative Director of the Board Recruit Holdings
Messages from our Leaders
Prosper Together | Launch of our ESG goals (May 2021)
We believe that sustainable growth can and should be achieved by making a positive impact on society. To this end, we established "Prosper Together," — our commitment to sustainability that forms one of our strategic pillars and was first announced in May 2021.
Prosper Together | Progress in FY2021 (May 2022)
A year-one progress report on our commitments to sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals.
Prosper Together | ESG Fireside Chat (June 2022)
In our online investors' event ESG Fireside Chat, we shared details on FY2021 progress and answered questions live from online viewers. View the presentation materials and transcript here.
Our ESG Commitment to 2030
Greenhouse gas emissions*²
Achieving carbon neutrality in greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) across our entire value chain by FY2030*².Learn more
Time it takes to get hired*³
Reducing the time it takes to get hired by half by FY2030 compared to that of FY2021*³.Learn more
Job seekers facing barriers*⁴
Helping 30 million people facing barriers in the labor market around the world get hired ― barriers such as age, disability, race and ethnicity, criminal records, education and others*⁴.Learn more
Women’s representation in leadership
Achieving gender parity among senior executives, those in managerial positions, and all employee levels by FY2030 at Recruit Group*⁵.Learn more
Board gender diversity*⁶
Achieving gender parity among the members of the Board of Directors and Audit & Supervisory Board of Recruit Holdings by FY2030*⁶.Learn more
- *1On this webpage, the number of years stated are reflective of the number of Recruit Holdings fiscal years which begin on April 1 each year and end March 31 of the following year. All figures displayed here are approximate.
- *2Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions throughout business activities are the sum of direct emissions from the use of fuels in owned or controlled sources (Scope 1) and indirect emissions from the use of purchased electricity, heat, or steam in owned or controlled sources (Scope 2). GHG emissions from the value chain are indirect emissions other than Scope 1 and 2 (Scope 3). The entire value chain represents the total of Scopes 1, 2 and 3. Carbon neutrality includes reducing GHG emissions as well as offsetting the remaining emissions.
- *3The period from the time a user starts an active job search on the Indeed job platform to the time the user confirms receipt of a job offer.
- *4The initiative as of today includes providing assistance through the Company’s online job platform, and through partnerships with NPOs and other organizations with whom the Company collaborates. The Company may also aim to reduce other various barriers, including newly emerging issues in the labor market by FY2030.
- *5Senior executive positions are defined as Corporate Executive Officers and Corporate Professional Officers of Recruit Holdings and Matching & Solutions Strategic Business Unit (SBU), and CEOs of the Company’s major subsidiaries and heads of key functions in the HR Technology and Staffing SBUs. Figures for managerial positions and employees are calculated from Recruit Holdings, SBU Headquarters, and primary operating companies of each SBU. Managerial positions mean all of those that have subordinate employees.
- *6The Board of Directors members are defined as directors of the Board and Audit & Supervisory Board members.
Other ESG Information
Inside OutView all stories
Inside Out is where we tell our stories that cannot be conveyed through numbers alone. Recruit Group believes that the thoughts of each individual—Inside—are connected to our creation of value for society—Outside.